Northern Tier Recreation Trail
What is it?
The 5 mile – or so trail starts at the Village of Champlain at Bill Earl Park, follows Elm Street in the Village of Champlain where it turns left and becomes a trail through the fields crossing Paquette Boulevard and heading toward Northeastern Clinton Middle/High School. The trail crosses Route 276 continuing as a cinder path until it reaches Prospect Street and is a shared surface with the road. It ends at Rouses Point Elementary School.
This Trail is for non-motorized use only.
It allows residents and visitors to walk, run, bike or roll safely from one village to the other.
- Partially paved
- Wheel Chair Accessible
- Stroller Accessible
- Take I-87 exit 42 to Route 11
- Head East on Route 11 to the intersection with Route 9
- Turn left and follow Route 9 just past the Champlain Village Office (1104 US 9)
- Turn right onto Elm Street Bridge
- Take immediate right onto River Street, Bill Earl Park